In looking to designing and making my nappy bag, I thought I would start small! The aim was a useful purse, that would fit a few coins, maybe a credit card, mobile phone etc. I also wanted it to have a key chain attachment so that you could keep everything you need all together and when I start on my actual bag I wanted to be able to attach the purse to the inside because nothing frustrates me more than pulling 1 item out of a bag and 20 other things falling out after it!
Now me being me (and possibly a little over confident) thought this process would be easy!
I brought some interfacing and some fusible fleece so it was nicely padded to protect various objects you might want to include, I decided on sizes etc, I made a little pattern piece and I sat down to start....... It was at the point I realised that I could not for the life of me remember how to insert a zip in a decent manner!! Every attempt I made ended in disaster looking like my 2 year old son had made the purse! I was so frustrated!!
It wasnt until I stepped away from my dishevelled piece of battered fabric and Zip that I realised what to do and from then on things were a bit a smoother!!
So this is it, the first pictures of my new purse:
It main seem small, but trust me it was a mammoth undertaking!!!
I was also really excited to sell my first pair of womens slippers to a lovely customer from Australia! So with the good weather, new challenges, fabulous customers its been a good start to the week!!